Monday, August 8, 2022

Balance

I feel like there should be more than 24 hours in A-day, yet somehow at night when it's time for bed I'm thankful there are only 24 hours because I'm so tired. 

 I don't know if it's my old age of 37 or the fact that I have 5 kids, but there just never seems to be enough time to do everything I want to do.

And when night time comes and I sneak into my kids bedrooms and watch them sleep, I can't help but feel a little guilt and remorse over not doing enough with them throughout the day. Each night I make a new commitment to be better, but it seems like every day is the same thing.

The key is finding the right balance. The right balance with spending quality time with my kids, the right balance with ministering ministering to those around me and serving in my church calling, the right balance to giving enough time to myself (for exercise, social time,  and mental/ spiritual enhancement),  the right balance to supporting my husband, the right balance to keeping my home in order, etc. The list goes on and on. 

 I've tried cutting back on certain things (shorter workouts, not going to the gym, seeing a time limit on my phone, unfollowing a bunch of accounts on Instagram, etc). I've tried prioritizing my time and beng more efficient with my work. This have improved.  But when you're like me and have a perfectionist mentality, it gets a little tricky to feel successful.

 Why is it that I measure my success and my worth over how much I accomplish in a day?  Why is it so hard for me to  Just sit back and enjoy life? Why do I have to be a busy body? Why can I not focus on a task if my surroundings are messy?

Finding a good balance is hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment