Tuesday, September 6, 2022

In the Details of our LIves

I have been so humbled and grateful for the ways God has let me know that he is aware of me and my needs lately. I need to remember these blessings and miracles. There are several that have happened in the last few weeks:

1. 2022 has been a tough year with the economy. Inflated gas prices and groceries have really put a belt around our budget. We have made lots of tweaks to how we do things in order to stay within our means. So when we got word that Jacey needed hearing aids--roughly $5,000 worth, I was a little deflated. Our audiologist encouraged us to apply for some grants, which I did. A few weeks later, I learned that between our insurance and the grant we were approved for, we were covered 100%. I literally fell on my knees and start bawling as I read the approval email. 

2. Taylor plays competitive softball, and along with that comes a lot of fees (uniforms, equipment, gas, hotel, etc). Her club offers a fundraiser to help offset the club fees, and Taylor has diligently gone around to homes in our neighborhood to see if they wanted to purchase potatoes. This kid has sold almost 40 bags--covering almost all of her club fees! She's a hard worker, and I'm so grateful for her pitching in.

3. The kids love to ride bikes, but they don't exactly love putting them away where they belong. One day Jacey placed her bike where the garage door closes, and the garage door sensor didn't catch it and kept pushing down on it. It ended up bending one of our door panels. We had people come out to give us quotes on the price to fix it, and they quoted us between $1000-$1500! YIKES! Matt said he couldn't fix it, but after a lot of encouragement from me telling him how he can fix ANYTHING, he did it. It is such a blessing to be married to someone who works so hard and has a mind like his--that can take anything apart, analyze how it works, and then perfect it. 

4. I had prayed to ask Heavenly Father to help me be aware of ways I could be more frugal (mind you, I'm already a pretty frugal person....) I stopped following certain accounts on social media that encouraged me to buy things I thought we needed (and they were great deals, too!) Anyway, I decided to apply for HEAT assistance and ended up getting approved for about $750 to be credited toward our gas utility bill. Inside the approval letter was another application for the Salvation Army Utility Assistance. I figured, why not? So I applied for that as well and was awarded an additional $300 to our gas bill for the year!

I realize that all of these experiences have to do with money. And no, I dont expect God to bail me out of all of our financial distresses that come along our way. Nor am I saying that if you want more money, ask God. That's not what I had prayed for. He knew the intents of my heart, and how I desired to find ways I could be better. 

These little miracles really blessed our family and made me see His hand in my life. He is truly in the details. I know that He loves me and is aware of me and my struggles. Could we have paid for the garage door and hearing aids? Yes, we always tuck some money away into savings each month. We were prepared for the worst. But it's so comforting to feel that burden lifted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment